RoboCode @ Fish Hoek Primary School
“See it move… Watch it go! Look, it’s drawing a spiral now... And I coded it to do that!”
Learning computer programing is one of the most important skills a child growing up in today's world can acquire. Sadly, many children see code as dull and theoretical when limited to computer-only exercises. Fortunately, by learning to code with robots, EDRO RoboCode Academy Classes make this experience fun, effective and hands on.
In a Robocode Academy we cover the fundamental pillars of coding over the course of 4 terms. In each term, a new module is offered, focusing on a new programming concept. Every lesson is problem-centered, guiding participants to make their own discoveries as they progress through 5 to 15 different problems.
All code is created using an easy-to-use, drag and drop interface. This allows children with no prior experience to easily engage with EDRO's problems right from the very first lesson. Code created in this interface is then uploaded onto our robots which then bring the code to life right in front of our eyes as they move, draw, play sounds, avoid obstacles and solve other fascinating problems.
- Cost: R950 per term
- Payment Options: Credit Card or EFT
- Maximum Learners: 16
- Location: Fishhoek Primary School Computer Room
- Grades: 4 to 6
- Coding Experience Required: None!
- Lessons per Term: 7 or 8
- Time-slot Option 1: Mondays 14h45 to 16h00 - Starting Monday 29 January
- Time-slot Option 2: Tuesdays 14h45 to 16h00 - Starting Tuesday 30 January
- Important: We cannot guarantee that both of the above time-slot options will go ahead