Work with Edro
Job Title: Edro Facilitator
Where: Southern Suburbs, Cape Town
Contract: Part Time
Edro is a company working hard to bring robotics into mainstream education. We work across the income-spectrum to deliver our extra-curricular lessons to children from all walks of life. The goal of Edro’s Robotic’s Programmes is to provide kids and teens with the opportunity to solve problems in a computational context. While robotics is our medium, getting young people coding is our goal. Our lessons are hands on, fun and designed with best educational practice in mind.
- Teaching groups of between 8 and 24 pupils aged 9 to 12 (Primary Programme) or aged 12 to 15 (Teen Programme) on a weekly basis.
- Setting up, packing away and organising robotics equipment.
- Contributing to the development of the Edro program (curriculum, materials and activities).
- Performing basic administration tasks—filling attendance registers, providing lesson feedback, etc.
- As an Edro facilitator, you will be provided with equipment, training and weekly lesson plans.
- Proximal location to Cape Town Southern Suburbs.
- Extraordinary communication skills!
- Extensive academic exposure to Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or Education.
- Quality experience in formal teaching or other youth work.
- Regular access to a car— you will be required to transport heavy and expensive equipment.
- Edro lessons run between 12pm and 5pm every day. You must be able to teach at least two 75 minute sessions a week. Lessons are scheduled around facilitator’s timetables.
Send your C.V. along with a cover letter explaining why you will be an awesome Edro Facilitator to firstname.lastname@example.org