- This event has passed.
W.Cape (BRACKENFELL): Holiday Workshops Grade 1-7
June 19 - June 21| R400 – R800
“I know how robots think!”
Learning to think like a programmer is one of the most important skills a child growing up in today's world can acquire. By learning to code with robots, EDRO Robocode workshops make this experience fun, effective and hands on.
In the Robocode for Little Ones Workshop, we will introduce children to the exciting world of code over the course of a single jam-packed morning or afternoon. The workshop is problem-based, guiding participants to make their own discoveries as they solve up to 24 different problems with their robots. They also work in teams, as collaboration is an important future skill too!
All coding is done, first by arranging magnetic code tiles on a whiteboard and then, by loading our code onto the robots via a remote control. This unique approach allows children to start tackling problems like a real computer scientist without touching a computer!
- Length: 1 Day / 3 hours per module
- Cost: R400 (Single child) or R350 (Two or more children/workshops)
DATES & MODULES
- Wednesday, 19 June - Module 1 (9:00-12:00) / *No experience needed
- Thursday, 20 June - Module 2 (9:00-12:00) / *Need Module 1
- Friday, 21 June - Module 3 (9:00-12:00) / *Need Module 1 & 2
In the Robocode for Juniors Workshop we will introduce participants to the exciting world of code over the course of two days. The workshop is problem-based, guiding participants to make their own discoveries as they solve up to 50 different problems with their robots.
All coding is done in an easy to use, drag-and-drop interface making this a perfect course for those with no coding experience. However, for those with a more technical bend, we have some special "tough cookie" problems to test their metal!
- Length: 7-8 hours per module
- Cost: R800 (Single child) or R750 (Two or more children)
DATES & MODULES
- Wednesday, 19 June & Thursday, 20 June - Module 1 (13:00-17:00 each day) / *No experience needed
- Friday, 21 June - Module 2 (9:00-16:30) / *Need Module 1
If you are booking more than one ticket or more than 1 module for the same child – feel free to use the Coupon Code: MoreTickets to receive a discount.
We need a minimum of 10 learners to host a workshop (DEADLINE: Friday, 14 June / We will confirm via email & sms to all ticket holders on 15 June)
In the case that your slot does not reach the desired numbers, we will give you the option of choosing another date or alternative offer you a credit for future workshops or a refund.