EDRO Extra Mural @ S.T.E.M. SHACK
January 23, 2020 - March 12, 2020| R950
Learning computer programing is one of the most important skills a child growing up in today's world can acquire. Sadly, many children see coding & programming as dull and theoretical when limited to computer-only exercises. Fortunately, by learning to code with robots, EDRO RoboCode Academy Classes make this experience fun, effective and hands on.
In a Robocode Academy, we cover the fundamental pillars of coding. In each term, a new module is offered, focusing on a new programming concept. Every lesson is problem-centred, guiding participants to make their own discoveries as they progress through 5 to 15 different problems. We believe in a team-orientated approach, so learners will work together in small teams to encourage collaboration at an early age - another surprising skill needed in the future!
- Cost: R950 per term
- Payment Terms: Credit Card or EFT
- Maximum Learners: 10
- Location: S.T.E.M. Shack in Fish Hoek
- Coding Experience Required: No Experience needed
- Grade/Age limit for this module: All grades 4-7 are welcome!
- Lessons per Term: Minimum 7 lessons
- Day & Time
- Thursdays @14:45 - 16:00(1hr 15min)
- DEADLINE TO BOOK: Monday, 20 January 2020
TERM 1 SCHEDULE
Jan 23 - First Lesson
Jan 30 - Lesson 2
Feb 6 - Lesson 3
Feb 13 - Lesson 4
Feb 20 - Lesson 5
Feb 27 - Lesson 6
Mar 5 - Lesson 7
Mar 12 - LAST LESSON
DEADLINE TO BOOK: We need a minimum of 10 learners to book a ticket by the deadline (Monday, 20 JANUARY) in order to present this workshop. We base our decision on the number of tickets reserved and will only communicate with the ticket holder via email & sms the day after the deadline
- Payment will only be expected after the deadline above but by booking a ticket you are committing to the extra mural (If you cannot, please let us know before deadline as we make decisions based on tickets booked)
- If you make payment before deadline and we have to cancel the workshops - you will receive full refund!
- Monthly payment option: choose EFT and only pay the following amount:
- R317 (Juniors - for 3 months)
- We try our best to send out monthly reminders as well but please know that it will be on you to make payment by month end
- All learners will receive a certificate at the end of the term which will be proof to enrol for the next module!
- We will also provide additional online resources where your child can practice their coding skills throughout the holidays